Who, what, where
A good topic will set your parameters. As you work through your research, define your boundaries to make your research and writing manageable and focused. Not in any specific order:
- What is the issue you want to look at?
- Who is affected? A group (domestic workers, men, Gays, etc.)
- Where? A region or country, workplace, cultural group, etc.
- What do you already know about this topic? (textbook, lecture, etc.)
- What do you want to find out?
- Is there anything that confuses you about this topic?
- What are the origins of this issue of gender inequality?
- What work still needs to be done?
- Who is working on the solution to this social issue?