Ask A Librarian
Tais-toi (Shut up) with Gerard Depardieu and Jean Reno (HBL, Level 1, PN1997.S537 2012)
What You'll Find in this Guide
This research guide provides general library resources for the French and Francophone Studies Program. If you have any questions, need research assistance, or new materials requests, contact me anytime by e-mail, voice, or chat.
- Find a French dictionary.
- Find books on great French and Francophone literature.
- Find journal articles on a topic.
- Find books and websites about French history and culture.
- Watch French TV programming or listen to French radio.
- Read French newspapers.
Do You "Like" French?
Visit the French and Francophone Studies Program on the Literatures, Cultures & Languages website of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences for information about undergraduate and graduate programs.
Need resources or a language lab? Check out the Multimedia Language Center, 288 J.H. Arjona Building
Get involved with the French Club.
Do you like to travel? What about Study Abroad?
If you are abroad, be sure to check out le Centre national des oeuvres universitaires et scolaires (CNOUS) that is responsible for the regional centers or CROUS or la Cité international universitaire de Paris to find out about student life, jobs, lodging, university dining halls and more.
Searching the French Web
Internet Searching Tips to Retrieve Pages in French:
- Many search engines allow you to limit your search by language.
- You can also specify the domain (country). For example, use Advanced Search in Google limiting the domain to .fr. (Check help sections of the search engine.) For other domain names see Domain Names by Country.
- Try entering your search terms in French.
Free Website. Search engine, news and directory in French.
Search engine in French.