Need Something Else?
MINI #2. -- 2600
Part 1. On 10/13. In-class questions on Arnold, Tolstoy, Pater (biography & quotes)
Part 2. Turn in 10/13
1. Select a thesis topic (you can use a topic you are writing on for another class)
2. Search the MLA for articles & books on that topic.
Use the MLA directory via Homer. DO NOT JUST GOOGLE OR RELY ONLY ON JSTOR!
3. Prepare a list of 10 academic sources relevant to your topic, using MLA format. Include
*1-2 web sources (limit is 2)
*at least l book title (limit is 3)
*at least l book chapter (articles in a book) (limit is 3)
*at least 3 articles from scholarly journals (limitless)
***Be sure that most of your sources are print, not online sources and that they are academic/refereed sources.
Part 3: turn in 10/13
1. Select 2 terms from l of the selections we read in class by l of the following: Wordsworth, Coleridge, Shelley, Keats, Arnold, Pater.
2. Search the OED and type up the parts of the word history most relevant to the poem/source.
Part 4. Turn in 101/3
Order and attach to parts 1 & 2 one scholarly article. For Mini #3, You will read this article and turn in a detailed outline following our outline format for essays from Criticisms.
Start at the library home page: lib.uconn.edu.