Chat with a Librarian and More
ENGL 1011 Seminar in Writing through Literature
Your paper will involve finding sources bearing on a research question about a piece of literature that you have read in class. See your class syllabus for more information.
"It has been said that the Stone Age did not end because man ran out of stones. Instead, Stone Age technology was superceded by new tools and capabilities." -- D. Lankes. "Credibility on the internet: shifting from authority to reliability." Journal of Documentation 64. 5 (2008): 667-686.
After this session you will:
- Be prepared to find a searchable research topic
- Have an idea of search strategies and keywords
- Become familiar with the Libraries' homepage: www.lib.uconn.edu
- Know how to find articles and books
- Understand the difference between scholarly and popular articles
- Understand the need to cite and how to read citations
- Have an awareness of strategies for evaluating web pages
- Know how to request books, articles, and videos from other libraries
- Have a general understanding of the library and feel comfortable asking for help from a librarian