Chat with a Librarian and More
ENGL 1004 Introduction to Academic Writing
Your paper will be a formal argument paper or a paper on a current event. See your class syllabus for more information.
Librarian contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
"It has been said that the Stone Age did not end because man ran out of stones. Instead, Stone Age technology was superceded by new tools and capabilities." -- D. Lankes. "Credibility on the internet: shifting from authority to reliability." Journal of Documentation 64. 5 (2008): 667-686.
After this session you will:
- Be prepared to find a searchable research topic
- Have an idea of search strategies and keywords
- Become familiar with the Libraries' homepage: www.lib.uconn.edu
- Know how to find articles and books
- Understand the difference between scholarly and popular articles
- Understand the need to cite and how to read citations
- Have an awareness of strategies for evaluating web pages
- Know how to request books, articles, and videos from other libraries
- Have a general understanding of the library and feel comfortable asking for help from a librarian