Frasier, Jane. Women Composers: A Discography. Detroit: Information Coordinators, 1983. Reference ML156. 4. W6 F7 1983
Ericson, Margaret D. Women and Music: A Selective Annotated Bibliography on Women and Gender Issues in Music, 1987-1992. New York: G.K. Hall, 1996 Reference ML128. W7 E75 1996
Block, Adrienne Fried, and Carol Neuls-Bates. Women in American Music: A Bibliography of Music and Literature. Westport, Conn: Greenwood Press, 1979. Reference ML128. W7 B6
Burns, Kristine Helen. Women and Music in America Since 1900: An Encyclopedia. Westport, Conn: Greenwood Press, 2002. Reference ML82. W625 2002 V.1-2
Skowronski, JoAnn. Women in American Music: A Bibliography. Metuchen, N.J.: Scarecrow Press, 1978. Reference ML128. W7 S6
American Women Composers. Women in Music: Directory and Information Guide, Listing the Activities of Women in Music. Belmont, Mass: American Women Composers, Massachusetts Chapter, 1984. Reference ML82. W65 1984
Pool, Jeannie G. Women in Music History: A Research Guide. New York: Pool, 1977 Reference ML128. W7 P6
Pendle, Karin. Women in Music: A Research and Information Guide. Routledge music bibliographies. New York: Routledge, 2010. ML128. W7 P46 2010
Hixon, Donald L., and Don A. Hennessee. Women in Music: A Biobibliography. Metuchen, N.J.: Scarecrow Press, 1975. Reference ML105. H6
- links to bibliographies, websites, and other resources related to women in music, as well as other women and gender studies topics.
- contains links to online materials about women musicians, link to the Hot Wire Journal Archive chronicle of the feminist-lesbian-womens music festival scene (1984-1994), special articles, and other important databases.
- online magazine, accessible online, devoted to the achievements of women in music
- contains links to other events and conferences
- publisher of concert and sacred music by women composers
- contains multiple links to sources of women in music: journals, bibliographies, online texts, composers, societies and organizations, MIDI files, publishers, broadcasters, presenters, and databases.
- weekly radio program devoted to art music of the past and present composed by women.
- includes a compilation of MIDI files of compositions by women in early music and in ragtime
- a database of women conductors with links to their bios and/or website