"How to" videos
This research guide is designed to help you:
- Refine a research topic by asking the right research questions
- Develop effective search strategies
- Familiarize yourself with the UConn Libraries' General Search
- Use general academic databases for locating journal articles
- Distinguish between scholarly and popular articles
- Understand citations (e.g., books, articles, and book chapters) and knowing how to create in various styles
- Evaluate web pages and identify those most relevant for a topic
- Access the library from home using your NetID
- Understand various ways to request books, articles, and videos from other institutions.
Click on the tabs above for more information on resources available.
- University of Connecticut Libraries
Find links to the Libraries' General Search, databases, and more.
- Databases by Subject Area
Identify scholarly journal articles covering education and related fields.
How do I access resources from home/office?
There is easy remote access with your NetID and Password. You'll be prompted to log in once you click on a database or ebook. There are also Mobile apps for research databases.
What if UConn doesn't own what I need?
There are many Document Delivery/Interlibrary Loan options to request resources from other libraries.
The Assignment Calculator is a time management tool that outlines the process of researching and writing step by step and provides Librarian-recommended links for expanded understanding of each task along the way.
Based on the original Assignment Calculator from the University of Minnesota Libraries.