Locate two scholarly essays on Eliot’s “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” and make these two sources speak to each other.
The goal of the library session is to help you identify sources that meet the requirements of the assignment.
- identifying what what others have said about your topic
- locating two scholarly essays on Eliot’s “The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock” that speak to each other
- using MLA formatting for in-text citations and the works cited page.
- keeping notes that show you "making sense of your sources"
--- Critical Conversation Assignment Sheet
- Luthy, Melvin J. "The Case of Prufrock's Grammar" in College English (1978) 39:841–853. JSTOR 375710
- Soles, Derek. "The Prufrock Makeover" in The English Journal (1999), 88:59–61. JSTOR 822420
- Stepanchev, Stephen. "The Origin of J. Alfred Prufrock" inModern Language Notes. (1951), 66:400–401. JSTOR 2909497
- Walcutt, Charles Child. "Eliot's "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" in College English (1957) 19:71–72. JSTOR 372706
(from Modern American Poetry:
Poets of Reality: Six Twentieth-Century Writers. Cambridge, MA: The Belknap Press of Harvard UP, 1965 - Waterbury PR601 .M5
Conflicts in Consciousness: T.S. Eliot’s Poetry and Criticism. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 1984.- request
"Gender, Voice, and Figuration in Eliot’s Early Poetry." In Ronald Bush (Ed. ) T.S. Eliot: The Modernist in History. Cambridge University Press- request
Harmony of Dissonances: T.S. Eliot, Romanticism, and Imagination. Copyright © 1991 by The Johns Hopkins University Press.- request
Michael North, The Political Aesthetic of Yeats, Eliot, and Pound. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 1991. request
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.